scoring for june 11th?

Discuss upcoming events, classing questions, car setup, etc.

Moderators: hklvette, glenthompson

SafetyThird
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 1000
Competition Car: MiataSSM

scoring for june 11th?

Post by SafetyThird »

I have not seen scoring result for June 11th? Are there results?

I'm asking from vested self interest. There are a number of events that I cannot make because of prepaid travel before I knew when the BRR events were going to be. So I'm starting to push the limits of the minimum required events in a class necessary to potentially qualify for winning the class. I'm paying attention to the rules and who my competition is in F-street.

And I'm a bit burned from last year where there were mid season rule changes. --At the beginning of the season, the web page stated 'novices' would get points in their base class. That changed ... so that they did not get points in their base class . . . (even though I was the fastest F-street for those days)

'fine, after hearing about that midseason change, I stopped running in 'novice, and moved to the base class', but wait, there were move changes . . .

Reading the 'Solo Year End Points and Trophies page'
'To award a trophy to a class winner that person must have participated in at least 1/2 of BRR-SCCA approved Solo events for that year.' It did NOT say 'must have participated in at least 1/2 of the approved events "IN THAT CLASS'.

And since you did not consider 'f street novice' to be in the F-street class, I did not qualify. So I missed out on 'getting my shirt' for 2016, which I wanted
n33d4sp33d13
Seasoned Autoxer

Re: scoring for june 11th?

Post by n33d4sp33d13 »

I'm not for sure who you are but I have a good idea...anyways based on what your saying that novices get points in there base class that would kind of make novice class irrelevant. We awarded a novice class yesterday end trophy last year which would not have happened if what your saying is true.

Furthermore assuming you are who I think you are you said you switched classes half way through the year...your first event where you switched from novice to fs was September. Hardly middle of the year let alone the brr autocross schedule.

I may be wrong but I do not recall us ever awarding someone who runs in novice class base class points. Maybe someone can clarify this further as I was not on the board last year.

And about the current results for the last event. Brad has them but he needs to audit them because of the bogus time looking at the pax results. With the Bristol match tour and champ tour coming up this weekend and a broken car he has been a bit busy but I will remind him to try and get them posted.
Steffen Clark
White/Orange 1991 Mazda Miata ITA/ STL
Dark grey 2014 Subaru WRX STI D Street
White 1984 Plymouth Colt Turbo SMF
1991 Mazda "hacked" Miata A Mod
Red 1984 Plymouth Colt Turbo
Red 2019 Toyota Tundra
SafetyThird

Post by SafetyThird »

n33d4sp33d13 wrote: I may be wrong but I do not recall us ever awarding someone who runs in novice class base class points. Maybe someone can clarify this further as I was not on the board last year.

And about the current results for the last event. Brad has them but he needs to audit them because of the bogus time looking at the pax results. With the Bristol match tour and champ tour coming up this weekend and a broken car he has been a bit busy but I will remind him to try and get them posted.
Sorry to hear about the 'bogus time'. That's got to be a bear to work through.

As far as your other statements, what is posted in the posted rules still contradicts your statements and what was verbally said at the various meets last year with respect to base class points.

---snip from http://www.brr-scca.org/solo.html
NOVICE Class can be entered by participants that have entered less than 10 autocrosses or who have not completed a full season of Solo events. The NOVICE Class is scored on the PAX of each novice entrant. The NOVICE Class entrant will run in the Run Group that the base class is assigned. Participation in the NOVICE Class is at the discretion of the entrant. After a participant scores a First Place in the NOVICE Class they are no longer eligible to participate as a NOVICE. The NOVICE will score year end points in their respective Base Class.
n33d4sp33d13
Seasoned Autoxer

Post by n33d4sp33d13 »

I'm fairly sure that has not been updated for years but someone will need to verify that. Either way sorry for the misunderstanding on rules. Would have been good to know last year so the results could have been audited before year end awards were given out.
Steffen Clark
White/Orange 1991 Mazda Miata ITA/ STL
Dark grey 2014 Subaru WRX STI D Street
White 1984 Plymouth Colt Turbo SMF
1991 Mazda "hacked" Miata A Mod
Red 1984 Plymouth Colt Turbo
Red 2019 Toyota Tundra
hklvette
Veteran
Competition Car: BumminRides

Post by hklvette »

SafetyThird wrote:
n33d4sp33d13 wrote: I may be wrong but I do not recall us ever awarding someone who runs in novice class base class points. Maybe someone can clarify this further as I was not on the board last year.

Sorry to hear about the 'bogus time'. That's got to be a bear to work through.

As far as your other statements, what is posted in the posted rules still contradicts your statements and what was verbally said at the various meets last year with respect to base class points.

---snip from http://www.brr-scca.org/solo.html
NOVICE Class can be entered by participants that have entered less than 10 autocrosses or who have not completed a full season of Solo events. The NOVICE Class is scored on the PAX of each novice entrant. The NOVICE Class entrant will run in the Run Group that the base class is assigned. Participation in the NOVICE Class is at the discretion of the entrant. After a participant scores a First Place in the NOVICE Class they are no longer eligible to participate as a NOVICE. The NOVICE will score year end points in their respective Base Class.
That sure is what it says. I need to get in gear and update the supplemental regulations, but that statement you quoted is in fact out of date. Just as with Ladies and PAX index classes, season points are awarded to each participant in the novice class and are non-transferable. At the conclusion of the season, the participant with the most points in novice wins the class championship and is no longer eligible to participate in the novice class.
-Henry Lehmann
BRR Solo Chair, Treasurer, and Equipment Steward

"If you want to get it done, you have to do it yourself."
SafetyThird

Post by SafetyThird »

You'll also likely want to update section 14 about NOVICE class. Last year when I signed up for the first event of the season a 'javascript snafu' did not include the class in my entry. Ray contacted me to verify the class and suggested I join for Novice class. I pointed out that I was well beyond the 10 event limit. He stated that wasn't being enforced any more as part of the creation of a 'novice class' where people could be part of it the whole season. It makes perfect sense from a comradery of view. All the 'novices' are able to compare themselves to other 'novices', instead of to seasoned folks who have already brought their vehicles to the limit of what the rules allow. And I had a great time in that class. I believe that 'class did exactly what you wanted it to do'. Its just time to update the printed visible rules

The current 14 also states that any time a '1st place' is obtained, the person may no longer join novice class, which doesn't make sense any more for the concept of a novice class where folks would be a member of for a whole season.
BFisch06
Pylons are afraid of me!
Competition Car: Chevrolet

Post by BFisch06 »

My sincerest apologies for the delay. Results for the 11th have now been posted. In addition, all results for the year have been retrospectively updated to use the same (new) format.

I hope to update season points in the next week or so.
Solo #83: 2017 Chevrolet Volt
I'll drive anything made by GM. Yes, there's something wrong with me.