Weather for Verona events on April 7th & 8th

Discuss upcoming events, classing questions, car setup, etc.

Moderators: hklvette, glenthompson

Chiketkd
Veteran
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 1000
Competition Car: Mitsubishi

Weather for Verona events on April 7th & 8th

Post by Chiketkd »

Hey folks,

I wanted to check in to see if the Board has met to decide if this weekend's event will still be held. I'm pre-registered for Sunday, but I see the forecast is calling for 3-5 inches of snow on Saturday (which could impact Sunday's event as well).

Thanks!
Chike D.
rschumin
Veteran
Competition Car: Honda

Re: Weather for Verona events on April 7th & 8th

Post by rschumin »

We're going to make a decision on the weekend activities on Friday morning.

Stay tuned...
Ray
........_\____
......./__|___\__
......(O)_ _(O)_|
Chiketkd
Veteran
Competition Car: Mitsubishi

Post by Chiketkd »

Sounds good. Thanks Ray!
Chike D.
rschumin
Veteran
Competition Car: Honda

Post by rschumin »

OK, I’ve looked at the weather forecasts and of course none of them agree. What they all have in common though, is that Saturday is going to be cold and wet and that it will be cold enough overnight to freeze whatever falls by Sunday morning. While it is forecast to be sunny on Sunday, temperatures will be below freezing until around noon.

In light of that forecast, we decided to postpone both days of the autocross scheduled for this weekend. The reasoning is

- We don’t believe we can put on a safe, championship worthy event in the conditions forecast for Saturday

- Travel conditions will be sketchy at best on Sunday morning, especially considering many of you will be driving on summer tires

You may have a different opinion about this. Feel free to share that opinion if you like. Just understand that in the end, we will agree to disagree.

The event is tentatively rescheduled for April 21-22, 2018 pending final approval from Augusta County. All registrations and payments will carry over, so no need to re-register. If you can’t come on one or both of those days, please go to Motorsportreg.com and modify your registration. If you paid and cancel, you will get a refund. If you don’t know how to modify your registration, send me an email and I’ll take care of it for you.

Sorry to take so long to get this out. Hope to see you at the rescheduled event.

Ray
Ray
........_\____
......./__|___\__
......(O)_ _(O)_|