2001 S2000 For Sale

Selling wheels/tires? Cars? Post it here to get the word out.

Moderators: hklvette, glenthompson

teamking
Pylons are afraid of me!

2001 S2000 For Sale

Post by teamking »

Price: $11,400
Contact: Email 6-0-6-B-I-G-O-A-K-@-C-O-M-C-A-S-T-.-N-E-T (without the hyphens)
Details about the Car:

2001 Silverstone Metallic (darker silver than Sebring Silver) with all black interior. It has 107,xxx miles. All 2000 and 2001 S2000’s had a plastic rear window, which turns gray and becomes opaque. Mine has been upgraded to a glass window. Also, I have installed hard-top strikers, which eliminate wind noise on the highway when the top is up (without the hardtop strikers, the seal at the top of the windshield is not tight enough and there is a howl of wind noise). There was a recall in Europe for 2000, 2001, and early 2002 cars to upgrade the oil jet bolts to allow for more oil to cool the underside of the pistons. Apparently, Honda decided US drivers weren’t as likely to drive the car in a manner that would overheat the pistons, so the recall was not performed here. I upgraded the oil jet bolts.

All maintenance has been performed ahead of schedule using the best fluids and parts. The soft top is new within the last two years and has been kept in the garage the whole time and is in great condition (this is something you should pay close attention to on any S2000 you purchase— the soft tops wear quickly outdoors and are a huge amount of work to replace). I have recently replaced the radiator. I have replaced all four brake calipers and both rear wheel bearings. I had to replace the transmission and so the clutch is new and I took the opportunity to upgrade to an AP2 tranny, which has the same ratios 1-4, and slightly taller 5th and 6th, and also more rugged syncros (2nd gear syncro is the major weakness of the AP1 transmission… if you do get a different AP1, make sure you do several full throttle, high RPM 1-2 shifts and do NOT get any crunching…). I have upgraded the speakers but put them in the stock locations. The head unit is stock and functions perfectly.

Condition: the interior is in very good shape with only one issue: the bolster on the driver’s seatback on the outside is beginning to crack (but has not yet started to split). Very common for these cars. I believe a leather repair kit could probably make it last a few more years. After that, a new cover could be purchased. Again, check this area on any AP1 you look at.

The exterior is generally in good condition but the car has receive some dings while parked. The rear bumper cover has been tapped twice. I have touched up the scrapes and they don’t look so bad. The front bumper cover has been tapped as well. There is some spider webbing in the paint. Both side mirrors have hit enough bugs that some paint peeled there as well, which I have touched up. The bottom line is that I have been driving the car like this and it looks great. But, I just got an estimate of $750 to respray all four panels if you want them to be perfect.

Final thing: I purchased the car in 2004 as the second owner from the local Honda dealership when the car had 28,000 miles. When I went to take it for an alignment, the car wouldn’t align to spec. Upon closer inspection, it appeared that the front left suspension had been damaged, perhaps by hitting a curb or something. I took it back to the dealership and they fixed the issue. Since that time, I’ve run US spec alignments, UK spec alignments, and autocross alignments with up to -1.4* camber with no issues. It’s been driven nearly 80,000 miles since then, so it’s just not a problem.

The tires are Bridgestone Potenza RE970 AS all-seasons in the correct size on the original rims. They are fantastic, and better in every way than the original equipment Potenza S-02 summer tires. Tires have come a long way in 15 years! The fronts are brand new and the rears have more than half their life left.
Will
teamking
Pylons are afraid of me!

Re: 2001 S2000 For Sale

Post by teamking »

Pictures:
Attachments
120.jpg
120.jpg (116.85 KiB) Viewed 3416 times
110.jpg
110.jpg (114.24 KiB) Viewed 3416 times
100.jpg