2005 RX8 STX or track day car $7000 obo

Selling wheels/tires? Cars? Post it here to get the word out.

Moderators: hklvette, glenthompson

SedonaRedRex
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 314159

2005 RX8 STX or track day car $7000 obo

Post by SedonaRedRex »

Hey everyone, I've realized I just don't have time to enjoy this car and won't have time for a couple years. I'm in Knoxville, TN but I can transport the car back to VA (roanoke) no problem.

Car is a 2005 rx8 GT manual 157,000 Miles on chassis. 43k on engine. It was owned by a guy in Atlanta from new until 2013. It won the NASA-SE TTD championship in 2010 in its current form with full interior. His user name on rx8club is silverEIGHT if anyone wants to read the history on the car. There were 2 owners between he and I from 136,000 miles until I took ownership at 152k miles.

I purchased the vehicle for STX, weekend drives, and with the intent to eventually make it a dedicated track car.

Engine: 43,000 miles. It was a "new" mazda reman engine that was torn down and then Built by Rick Engman who I'm told is one of the very best. Machined and balanced rotors/eccentric shaft. RE-medy water pump and oil pressure kit. Runs smooth, pulls strong.

Mods:

Engine:
Racing Beat intake box and snorkel.
Racing beat dual resonated mid pipe (catless not STX legal)
Racing beat cat back
GM D525 Ignition coils (T-Rex brand kit)
SOHN adapter to run clean 2 stroke oil to the OMP
Race roots remote oil filter kit.
Oem Mazda S2 fuel pump conversion (prob not STX legal bit this is a reliability mod not a higher flow than the stock S1 pump)
Oem Air pump removed (unsure if STX LEGAL)
Racing beat ecu reflash

Suspension:
Tein flex coilovers 7k/5k (these are actually what was on it when it won TTD, not this exact set but the same coilivers, obviously they could stand to be upgraded)
Braided SS brake lines
Racing beat front and rear sway bars
Mazdaspeed carbon strut bar and master cylinder brace
Currently filled with ATE super blue brake fluid
(I have no idea what brake pads are on the car)

Transmission:
ACT lightweight flywheel (not STX legal)
Unsure of clutch it was replaced by PO he was supposed to get me receipts but never did. He claimed that the clutch job cost him $2000.
Filled with redline MT90 shifts perfect, no grinds.
Diff filled with M1 75w90

Interior:
The car is a leather/sunroof car which isn't ideal but it is what it is.
Factory seat lowered ~1" at 6'2" I still have to sit farther back than I like with a helmet on
Fresh leather seats out of a 50k mile car
2 Gauge pod with oil temp and a programmable shift light. These are wired but the kid I bought it from shorted out an amp wire on the chassis and fried the gauges, the displays do not work.
Original owner used an ultra gauge to monitor all other vitals it's included.
Reinforced clutch pedal bracket

Wheels/tires:
Motegi mr131 traklites 18x9 +35 18lbs ("rotary forged")
Rival (not S) 245/40/18. The wheel setup should hold 265 maybe even 275 no problem I just wanted to try a slightly stretched 245 since STX is still 9" rim.

Exterior:
Pretty good considering the age and use the car has seen.
Front clip has been resprayed at some point
GT aero package has been added except for front lip
eBay front splitter I made for the car. Probably not up to track duty.

When I got the car (152k miles) it needed a thorough cleaning, all fluids were replaced, air filter cleaned/oiled, thermostat replaced (it was leaking), and new spark plugs. I added the SOHN kit, ignition coils, wheels, missing rear fender aero bits, front splitter, and S2 Fuel pump.

Problems:
Aforementioned oil pressure gauge and shift light don't work
Rear diff seems noisy to me But I think it's just the nature of the car. No change in noise with hard use.
SOHN reservoir is currently attached with zip ties I never got around to finishing my bracket
SSV intake valve solenoid diaphram has shrunk with time. The actuator doesn't contact the position sensor. it causes a slight tick at idle. Valve functions fine.
Heater core is clogged, common with these cars. Symptom is you only have heat on the passenger side and upper vents. No heat in drivers side footwell, I've tried flushing it once with some improvement I will try again before it sells.

Price is $7000 OBO, if someone local wants it then emphasis on the OBO.

Pictures: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9qWG ... GQ3YXB0eXc
The evolution of Chad
SedonaRedRex
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 314159

Re: 2005 RX8 STX or track day car $7000 obo

Post by SedonaRedRex »

Sold! :( That was much faster than I expected.
The evolution of Chad