Win!

Discussion about club racing, time trials, and high performance driving events.

Moderators: hklvette, glenthompson

mseal
Seasoned Autoxer
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 314159

Win!

Post by mseal »

Congratulations to Scott on his win last weekend at VIR. Don't know the details, just saw the pictures with the trophy. Chalk another one for Zoom-Zoom.

Mick

Scott
Veteran

Re: Win!

Post by Scott »

Thanks Mick!! I was invited to race in the Gold Cup vintage races at VIR (The Miata is 21.....) and had an awesome time. My run group was filled with 911 RS's, 914-6's, and V8 MG's and I was classed with several current SCCA Prepared class roadsters. I was fairly certain I didn't have a chance, but the event looked like a blast. After the first day of qualifing I was on pole for my class and 3rd quickest in my group and only 3/10ths behind the overall pole. That being said, it was pouring down rain the entire day and I was the only car out not on Hoosier wets.... The next day the rain was gone and I fell back to the middle of the overall order, but kept the class pole. During the start of qualifing race I lost several positions (I had the petal floored before the green flag was dropped and I still couldn't keep up with the other cars before they really started to accelerate....). During the race I could make up several positions between turns 1-10, but would fall back on the straights. I somehow managed to finish a couple positions ahead of where I started.

For the main race I was doing my rain dance hoping to compete for the overall victory but it turned out to be a beautiful sunny day. The race started exactly like the previous day except I was overtaken by a couple cars in my class at the start and got pushed way back. Though the race I was able to make my way back through the cars in my class and collected the lead with 2 laps to go and held on to it for the lead. I collected my first road course win in the Spec car. It was a great weekend and I will be back next year to do it again.

Being interviewed on the podium after the race:
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f74/s ... SSMwin.jpg
00GTJustin
Seasoned Autoxer

Post by 00GTJustin »

Congrats man! Must have been wheeling all 100hp pretty hard :lol:
Gearing up for the 2013 CSP Showdown
aged racer
Seasoned Autoxer