Couple thoughts on the Club Racer Annual Award

Discussion about club racing, time trials, and high performance driving events.

Moderators: hklvette, glenthompson

aged racer
Seasoned Autoxer
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 314159

Couple thoughts on the Club Racer Annual Award

Post by aged racer »

In recent years the award has gone to some of the more active racers in the Region- no issues with that, and I thank those folks who have voted for me over the years.

However, I would encourage everyone to look a little deeper into the list in our points recap below for drivers who may get overlooked because they run a more limited schedule. We have a good group that do well when they are able to run, and in many cases they are active and successful solo racers and/or wear other hats in the Region in service to the club. Based on my knowledge of their efforts any one of them would be a deserving winner. I won’t mention any names in public, but my nominee is from that list (and it was tough choice among a couple logical contenders!)

Also, with no disrespect to other sanctioning bodies, this is an SCCA award and after some discussion the Board feels it should reflect the recipient's participation and results in SCCA sanctioned racing. SCCA sanctioned series include the South Atlantic Road Racing Championship (SARRC), Enduro Championship Racing (ECR), Tarheel Cup (TCPS), Carolina Cup (CCCPS), and Nationals/ Majors.

Lastly, please do vote and please do come to the Annual Banquet on Saturday, Feb 1st (details to come).

Look forward to seeing everyone there!

Steve
At-Large Member- SARRC Race Committee

Will race (and autocross) for food.