Anyone else from the BRR club racing this year??

Discussion about club racing, time trials, and high performance driving events.

Moderators: hklvette, glenthompson

Wheelpowerracing

Anyone else from the BRR club racing this year??

Post by Wheelpowerracing »

Looking at the region list from Summit Point this weekend and did not see any other entries from the Blue Ridge Region (very possible I missed some). Anyone else club racing and if so at what tracks? I am completing my Novice permit & have one race left to do so. Running a Honda Civic in ITE. Also plan to run the Dragon Hillclimb this fall.
Scott
Veteran
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 314159

Re: Anyone else from the BRR club racing this year??

Post by Scott »

I'm club racing this year, but not with the SCCA for various reasons (mostly from my last club race experience with them at VIR and the way I was treated......) Come try NASA..... Although I have been thinking about giving them another shot
aged racer
Seasoned Autoxer
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 314159

Post by aged racer »

Thanks for posting- always good to have another BRR member out there.

I am running off and on this year, twice in the Spec Miata at Kershaw and once at VIR in the ITB Honda. Not running a full season since I can't make the season ending championship race.

Greg Crandall is doing very well in FP with his 912, and Dave Clements has been out at Road Atlanta with his Corvair.

Not sure who else is running- need to do that participation/ points recap again, stand by.

Scot, I don't know the story with your deal but give it another try- love to have you back.

Good luck, Wheel Power. Maybe see you at Goblins's Go in Oct?

Steve
At-Large Member- SARRC Race Committee

Will race (and autocross) for food.
Wheelpowerracing

I have instructed & run TT with "the other group" for several years. I planned to get my comp license with them, but the Washington DC SCCA regions discount program for the drivers school & 1st three required races made it my choice financially. The school & 3 race weekends for less than the 1 race school weekend with the other group. My car (Honda Civic set up for Honda Challenge 2) ends up in ITE, so I am running with the big bore group, V-8's. Good thing I have run TT enough and know how to handle high speed differential cars overtaking. (They are considering dividing the ITE class by displacement next year.) This years plans were to complete the Novice requirements and run the Dragon Hillclimb (bucket list item), so not sure if I'll do any other SCCA races this year, other than my last novice race, July Summit Point.
Wheelpowerracing

Good news is I finished my last novice race at Summit Point weekend before last, bad news is I dropped a valve in the final laps & lost a motor. The retainer on top of the valve spring broke in half, dropping the valve :cry: