MDA CAR SHOW

General club news and info

Moderators: hklvette, glenthompson

Hamburglar
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 1000
Competition Car: s2000

MDA CAR SHOW

Post by Hamburglar »

Ok as we talked about at the banquet the MDA car show is coming up at the Roanoke Civic Center. I can have my car there for a display all weekend with no issues. Also with the wife out of town I have nothing planed so I don't mind setting up and spending all weekend there. However I would like some help/advice with setting up and taking down and also talking with people durning the show.. The show is March 6-8th. Now Steffen said that he could get a video/Slide show together. Now here are a list of questions that i have.

1. How do we apply to get a vendor spot?
2. I know we get free tickets to get in the show for anyone that wants to help during the weekend, so how many?
3 What do we need to bring to the event? do we need to get our own tables? Also i don't have a problem getting cones to help display.

Sorry for the delay of getting this posted for I have bought a new house and will be moving over the next week or so. thanks for any and all info and help.
Gran Prix White S2000
fspmx6
Pylons are afraid of me!
Competition Car: 92_mazda_mx6

Re: MDA CAR SHOW

Post by fspmx6 »

I can work the event. Just keep me in the loop for what slots are needed
Hey, what does this thing do *zap* oww,.... so that's what it does!
sinutz
Pylons are afraid of me!
Competition Car: Honda

Post by sinutz »

Hamburglar wrote:Ok as we talked about at the banquet the MDA car show is coming up at the Roanoke Civic Center. I can have my car there for a display all weekend with no issues. Also with the wife out of town I have nothing planed so I don't mind setting up and spending all weekend there. However I would like some help/advice with setting up and taking down and also talking with people durning the show.. The show is March 6-8th. Now Steffen said that he could get a video/Slide show together. Now here are a list of questions that i have.

1. How do we apply to get a vendor spot?
2. I know we get free tickets to get in the show for anyone that wants to help during the weekend, so how many?
3 What do we need to bring to the event? do we need to get our own tables? Also i don't have a problem getting cones to help display.

Sorry for the delay of getting this posted for I have bought a new house and will be moving over the next week or so. thanks for any and all info and help.
http://www.mdacarshow.com is the website to get the application and contact information you need. I would suggest getting closer to the entrance where the attendies have to walk past you twice. If you need assistance I will be glad to help.
Rob Leslie

2000 S2000 #413 BS
1988 CRX SI #228 DM
BFisch06
Pylons are afraid of me!
Competition Car: Chevrolet

Post by BFisch06 »

I would be glad to help as well. I have some GoPro footage Steffen is welcome to use as well. I think I can get my hands on some folding tables too. I'll look into that and post back.
Solo #83: 2017 Chevrolet Volt
I'll drive anything made by GM. Yes, there's something wrong with me.
Hamburglar

Post by Hamburglar »

ok i have looked at that website and I have a few questions. Do i do a show car which looks like it is free or do i do a vendor spot that cost money, however there is a place for local racing so i am contacting the person in charge of that right now.
Gran Prix White S2000
Hamburglar

Post by Hamburglar »

i have sent an email to the lady that seams to be ion charged of the local race tracks so we will see what happens. however reading everything it looks like we only get 2 free passes with a $25 dollar entry fee which i plan on paying for.
Gran Prix White S2000
Hamburglar

Post by Hamburglar »

ok so we are in, i will fill out the form needed to get my car in. however we only get 2 passes with it. also its $30 a day if we use the civic centers power so thats something we need to talk about. so anyone that wants to help out will have to by a ticket :(
Gran Prix White S2000
sinutz
Pylons are afraid of me!

Post by sinutz »

Hamburglar wrote:ok so we are in, i will fill out the form needed to get my car in. however we only get 2 passes with it. also its $30 a day if we use the civic centers power so thats something we need to talk about. so anyone that wants to help out will have to by a ticket :(

Power and extra passes along with your fees need to be expensed to the BRR. Thanks to you and Steffen for stepping up!
Rob Leslie

2000 S2000 #413 BS
1988 CRX SI #228 DM
n33d4sp33d13
Seasoned Autoxer

Post by n33d4sp33d13 »

Erik did we get spot for 1 or 2 cars? Thought we were going to do 2 cars like last time?
Steffen Clark
White/Orange 1991 Mazda Miata ITA/ STL
Dark grey 2014 Subaru WRX STI D Street
White 1984 Plymouth Colt Turbo SMF
1991 Mazda "hacked" Miata A Mod
Red 1984 Plymouth Colt Turbo
Red 2019 Toyota Tundra
BFisch06
Pylons are afraid of me!
Competition Car: Chevrolet

Post by BFisch06 »

This is next week, right? Is there a sign-up sheet for who is working when? What else needs to be done?
Solo #83: 2017 Chevrolet Volt
I'll drive anything made by GM. Yes, there's something wrong with me.
n33d4sp33d13
Seasoned Autoxer

Post by n33d4sp33d13 »

It's this coming weekend. Right now we need volunteers to work any time during the weekend and also for setup friday morning at 9am and take down sunday at 5.

I have videos and my laptop. Do we have a tv or large monitor we can use?
Steffen Clark
White/Orange 1991 Mazda Miata ITA/ STL
Dark grey 2014 Subaru WRX STI D Street
White 1984 Plymouth Colt Turbo SMF
1991 Mazda "hacked" Miata A Mod
Red 1984 Plymouth Colt Turbo
Red 2019 Toyota Tundra
sinutz
Pylons are afraid of me!

Post by sinutz »

Steffen,
I am available for Friday morning set up and Sunday tear down. I will also work if you need me Saturday evening and Sunday Evening so let me know when you would like me to show up.

Erik,
I can give you the schpeel on Friday morning. Nothing to it. See you then.
Rob Leslie

2000 S2000 #413 BS
1988 CRX SI #228 DM