Non-autox related topics

Moderators: hklvette, glenthompson

Chiketkd
Veteran
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 1000
Competition Car: Mitsubishi

Paging Michael Hastings and Eric Danielsen

Post by Chiketkd »

I just received my ballot from Jane and wanted to learn more about each of you and your plans to grow the solo program in the BRR. Please post your thoughts in this thread so members of this region can make an informed decision.

Also, as the Event Chair for the October solo event in Verona, I wanted to mention again my appreciation for the work Peyton Canary did at that event. He didn't compete that day, but drove 1.5hrs from his home, worked the entire event before heading home late in the afternoon. Thank you Peyton. 8)
Chike D.
fspmx6
Pylons are afraid of me!
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 1000
Competition Car: 92_mazda_mx6

Re: Paging Michael Hastings and Eric Danielsen

Post by fspmx6 »

I'm hoping to try and revive the social aspects of the club here in the BRR region. I've been talking about that for a while at the meetings. Unfortunately, work was keeping me out of town for a while, as has getting things at home ready for a baby. Now that the baby has arrived and things arent so hectic, and I'm no longer doing out of town projects for work, I should be able to put more attentions to making the club a club again instead of just gatherings for competition. Another thing I'm hoping to institute is rallying. I'm trying to enlist my father's assistance for this since he's rally-mastered many events in the past, and will likely start with a few very simple rallies. Mainly poker or "fun" rallies before trying to re-introduce T.S.D. ( time speed distance) rallies. As far as our solo program, I'm going to continue looking for new venues, irregardless of elected position. Presently, I'm hoping to get more experience in the running of the club and aiming for higher positions so that the club can continue into the future. Glen has done a wonderful job, and continues to do so. This being said, we cannot expect to lump the responsibilities of operating BRR on him indefinitely. It is ultimately the RE position that I'm aiming for, but not until I've gotten more seat time learning from the current cadre.
Hey, what does this thing do *zap* oww,.... so that's what it does!