Non-autox related topics

Moderators: hklvette, glenthompson

glenthompson
Veteran
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 1000
Competition Car: Caldwell

Charity Poker run

Post by glenthompson »

I am writing to invite the Sports Car Club to the Ride for Recovery Poker Run and Spaghetti Dinner to benefit Bethany Hall, Inc. This is an all vehicle event. We will be hosting this fund raising event on Saturday, November 6, 2010, from 1:00 to 6:00 p.m. in an effort to benefit women striving to overcome substance abuse who would not otherwise be able to afford treatment. Registration is at 1:00 p.m., with the last car out at 1:30 p.m. $10 for the first hand; $5.00 for second; with prizes to highest and low hands. Entry fee includes spaghetti dinner.

Substance abuse is a serious health problem that impacts the individual, their family and the community in which they reside. This is particularly important in our area, given the data that babies in Southwest Virginia are more than twice as likely to be born to mothers with substance abuse issues as elsewhere in Virginia.

Bethany Hall is a 501(c)(3), nonprofit organization that provides one of the most comprehensive and effective substance abuse treatment programs available. We are one of 2 women-only, long term programs in Virginia and are one of only a few programs in the United States that serves pregnant women and provides mothers the option to have their children with them during treatment. Our treatment program provides evidence-based residential services (for up to nine months) to women afflicted with the chronic disease of addiction.

This year, 2010 marks the fortieth (40th) anniversary for Bethany Hall. Your support will ensure that we are able to build on our four decades of service to women recovering from addiction. If you have any questions, please contact me at 540-343-4261, extension 303 or srobertsonamgr@aol.com.

On behalf of our Board of Directors, staff and clients thank you for your time and consideration.

Denise T. Yopp, MS, CSAC
Program Director
Bethany Hall, Inc.
1109 Franklin Road, S.W.
Roanoke, VA 24016
www.bethanyhall.org
bhr7001@aol.com
540-343-4261
Glen Thompson, Officer Emeritus
VW Jetta TDI
fordmax
Pylons are afraid of me!

Re: Charity Poker run

Post by fordmax »

Is there anywhere were we can find more info on this?? Location, times, etc?? I suppose I can just ping Denise, but if there is a website or something...

Always looking for an excuse to drive my car...
Ford Northen
DSP #337 GTI
fspmx6
Pylons are afraid of me!
Competition Car: 92_mazda_mx6

Post by fspmx6 »

this looks like a great thing to do, but is there an entry fee? what is it they're wanting to have donated as im sure they're not doing this just so we can go out and play with cars
Hey, what does this thing do *zap* oww,.... so that's what it does!
glenthompson
Veteran
Competition Car: Caldwell

Post by glenthompson »

Entry fee is $10 for one poker hand, an additional $5 for a second hand. You'll have to give them a call for more information. I just passed along the message I received.
Glen Thompson, Officer Emeritus
VW Jetta TDI