FS: 16" BMW wheels, Style 45

Selling wheels/tires? Cars? Post it here to get the word out.

Moderators: hklvette, glenthompson

Jake@JMU
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 1000
Competition Car: Mazda

FS: 16" BMW wheels, Style 45

Post by Jake@JMU »

Copied from the Craigslist ad. I'm asking $400 OBO but that's to the idiot public. Make me a decent offer and we'll talk.

These wheels came off of my E36 sedan, but were originally sold by BMW on the early E46's as a "base" model wheel.

I replaced them with a set of M Contours, so now I want to move these out of my (crowded) garage and find them a new home. They will fit on E36 non-Ms, and most E46s (no 330/M3). Size is 16x7", bolt pattern is 5x120. I guess you can put them on any other BMW with the same bolt pattern (provided they clear the brakes) but the offset will make them look silly.

It's a set of four. No center caps. They have some Goodyear all-season tires that hold air and will get you down the road, but not fully pass inspection. Tires are from 2009 and have ~20k miles on them. Two tires were just measured by a local shop at 5/32 tread, and the others scored a 1/32 and 2/32. VA says you must have 3/32 to pass inspection. They wore a little unevenly, so the tread is worst at the edges. I'd have no problem driving on these for another few months, but they do get a little squirrely in the wet. I put the two with more tread up front and drove carefully, but do this at your own risk. I just bought the car, and they came with it, so I don't know how often the previous owner rotated them, had alignments, etc., hence the wear at 20k miles.

I think they'd be great as a set of winter wheels. They also really spice up the looks of the E36 and help keep it "newer" feeling, in my opinion. Tires are cheap for 16s.

No real curb rash to speak of. Pretty sure they're all straight & true. I can take pics of each wheel for those interested. It was raining so I was trying to be quick.
Attachments
front-driver.jpg
front-driver.jpg (126.41 KiB) Viewed 2074 times
e46-style45.jpg
e46-style45.jpg (101.02 KiB) Viewed 2074 times
Jake Thiewes
Madison Motorsports
1995 Mazda Miata
1995 BMW 325i/4/5 Sport