Bright Ideas Mobile Fab Shop !

Non-autox related topics

Moderators: hklvette, glenthompson

drum3
Veteran
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 314159

Bright Ideas Mobile Fab Shop !

Post by drum3 »

For those that missed the Park n Ride event , Mike Bright , Fabricator Extraordinaire with Joe Gibbs Racing , showed up to fabricate a new spoiler for Biscuit ( my CSP Miata ). He thought it would be quicker and easier for both of us , if he just brought all the fabrication equipment to the event and whipped it together right there in the parking lot , during the event ! In just over 2 hours he cut , stretched , shrank and finessed the aluminum into an awesome spoiler . We then proceeded to test it on the autocross course to some pretty good success , top 2 Fendered cars on the day .I uploaded some shots to my facebook page and Miata.net that you can see here http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.ph ... ost5947196 or here http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 937&type=3 .... Big Thank You to Mike Bright for helping me out and building such an awesome Spoiler in such a short time . Also a Big Thank You to Magic Man Matt Feeney for the best alignment I have ever had ! Between those 2 , Biscuit was awesome on course . Wish they could work that kind of Magic on the driver
Anthony Hodges
DSP 72

www.motorpride.com/TeamBorderline
hklvette
Veteran
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 1000
Competition Car: BumminRides

Re: Bright Ideas Mobile Fab Shop !

Post by hklvette »

Cool! Its definitely nice to know people with great skills and tools to get stuff like that done. Sucks having to booty-fab it yourself.
-Henry Lehmann
BRR Solo Chair, Treasurer, and Equipment Steward

"If you want to get it done, you have to do it yourself."