1999 Spec Miata FS

Selling wheels/tires? Cars? Post it here to get the word out.

Moderators: hklvette, glenthompson

aged racer
Seasoned Autoxer
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 314159

1999 Spec Miata FS

Post by aged racer »

Putting my Spec Miata up for sale, to fund a new car and a change in classes for next year. This is a solid ’99 model, well maintained with a good race history.

Some details:

- Original '99 Sport package Miata, color Emerald Mica Blue
- Titled and registered in the state of VA
- Raced as an SSB (Showroom Stock) car by Dave Roush at the Mid-Ohio Runoffs 2001-2004
- I bought it from Dave and also ran the Runoff's at M-O in SSB in 2005- total of 5 races that year
- Converted it to SM specs in 2007
- Pro-built engine by Race Engineering in April of 2009, with only (9) weekends of run time since then
- MazdaComp aluminum radiator
- Springfield Exhaust
- Dyno sheets available from Panic Motorsports (the fuel pressure and timing updates were done by Panic)
- Powertrain has been well maintained, in particular engine oil was changed regularly (every 3-5 hours of run time)
- Trans is fresh, just installed by Panic
- The car is straight and tidy, but being a Spec Miata, there are some body dings and rubs. No chassis tweaks or other issues, and the car is regularly aligned and corner-weighted
- Cage includes Nascar door bars on both sides and a cross tube under the dash.
- Aluminum Ultrashield seat with a Right side safety net, camlock harness good until 2016
- Detachable steering wheel, full width Wink mirror, and a dash top shift light
- There are two weekends on the hubs and axles and all have extended studs
- The front calipers are Drago built with low time pads and rotors, rear pads are new
- Standard SM suspension, with quick-change rear sway bar links and Fat Cat bump stops
- Wired for a cool suit, Traqmate, and radio
- Fuel inlet gutted for quick refills on endures
- Reverse fuel pump valve allows the tank to be emptied and refilled with an exact fuel load
- Link to pictures (I plan to remove the stripes and extraneous decals): http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welc ... zRw1Zs3Diw

The car was parked for a couple seasons, then gone through and refreshed by Panic Motorsports in May. It is currently setup for VIR but can be adjusted for any track. I have some spares, including an extra set of Kosei wheels. There is also good documentation to include with car, including the recent Panic invoices and all of my s/u sheets and notes. I can also take the numbers off or leave as is (it's a permanent number, reserved w/ SEDiv and available for next year).

I am working with Panic to build an MX5 for next year, to get back on the Majors trail. The car is ready to race but I can’t feed it and a new car as well, so it needs to find a new home.

$14,000 will include the transponder, extra wheels, and a good collection of spares. There’s enough rubber left in the Hoosier’s to run a couple of weekends. Add gas and race!

PM me or call my cell if you are interested- 540__798__7037. Be glad to answer any questions or show you the car.

Steve
At-Large Member- SARRC Race Committee

Will race (and autocross) for food.