Salem stuff for this weekend. . .

Discuss upcoming events, classing questions, car setup, etc.

Moderators: hklvette, glenthompson

Where to go for milk and cookies

Poll ended at Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:02 pm

Fudruckers
44%
Mac and Bob's
56%

Total votes: 9

Imprezivblue
Pylons are afraid of me!
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 314159

Salem stuff for this weekend. . .

Post by Imprezivblue »

Few odds and ends:

1) Does anyone want to cover the novice walk through?

2) All help setting up the course is welcomed the morning of the event on sunday.

3) Clocks spring an hour ahead on sunday! Don't forget it!!!

4) Last, and most certainly not least, where are we going to do milk and cookies??? I liked the place we went to last time right up the street but if someone's got another suggestion i'm game.

Edit: Pole added for milk and cookies. Other suggestions will be added if needed.
Last edited by Imprezivblue on Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iiibbb
Pylons are afraid of me!

Re: Salem stuff for this weekend. . .

Post by iiibbb »

1) It is possible

2) I can help

3) Thanks!!!

4) I like Fudruckers... but I'll go anywhere.

--MArk
I dO wHat THe voIceS IN mY hEAd tELL Me tO

17 HS
00GTJustin
Seasoned Autoxer

Post by 00GTJustin »

Do you need tech help? If not, what time for the course set up? Lol I might be working on the alltrac until the last second I can leave Sunday morning though. I'm trying for it to make an appearance :)
Gearing up for the 2013 CSP Showdown
mrtwo
Pylons are afraid of me!

Post by mrtwo »

For the Salem event I chaired last November we went to Mac n' Bobs for milk & cookies. Phone is 540-389-5999.

I'm covering waivers for Mick Seal while he does SSS training, but otherwise I'll help where i can.

If you've ordered dash placques I can pick them up if you want - let me know when they'd be ready.

Tim R.
Tim R
techteg

Post by techteg »

00GTJustin wrote:Do you need tech help?
Chris Moody should be posting up about it soon, but you can assume he'll need people for both shifts.
Imprezivblue
Pylons are afraid of me!

Post by Imprezivblue »

Tim, you're welcome to pick up the dash plaques but if you can't get to it I can pick them up. I asked them to be ready by this friday but I can see if they can be picked up earlier if you want.
My Boxer4racing.com Project Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS[/URL]
jun

Post by jun »

if i get my rotors come in time to get them installed, i'll be there sunday!
drum3
Veteran

Post by drum3 »

JUn, YOU"LL BE THERE ANYWAY !!!! Suzanne said so !!! :shock: :D
Anthony Hodges
DSP 72

www.motorpride.com/TeamBorderline
MustangGTMadness

Post by MustangGTMadness »

Roger Arnold and I, Dustin Knuttgen, would like to do tech on Sunday. Let us know.

Thanks
yenko66
Pylons are afraid of me!

tech person

Post by yenko66 »

Count me in (David C) for either a early or late shift of tech.
Be A Swinger in a Stinger.
mrtwo
Pylons are afraid of me!

Post by mrtwo »

I'll pick up the dash plaques.

Tim R
Tim R
MR2 KIX
Pylons are afraid of me!

Post by MR2 KIX »

Ray S. is going to doing Safety Steward Training, with 122 preregistered we could probably use some more help at registration. What is going to be the cutoff for this event? Looks like the walk in registration wait list will have to start immediately. Any volunteers?
Steve------#41
2007 MINI Cooper S
jun

Post by jun »

anthony.. we should do the novice walk through!! :shock:
Makev

Post by Makev »

MR2 KIX wrote:Ray S. is going to doing Safety Steward Training, with 122 preregistered we could probably use some more help at registration. What is going to be the cutoff for this event? Looks like the walk in registration wait list will have to start immediately. Any volunteers?
I can help out with registration
2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX
rschumin
Veteran
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 1000
Competition Car: Honda

Post by rschumin »

MR2 KIX wrote:Ray S. is going to doing Safety Steward Training, with 122 preregistered we could probably use some more help at registration. What is going to be the cutoff for this event? Looks like the walk in registration wait list will have to start immediately. Any volunteers?
Yeah, well make that 128 as of this morning. I'm going to cut it off at 130. I'll be there to get you going and help deal with any problems. Steve will need at least two other people to help.
Ray
........_\____
......./__|___\__
......(O)_ _(O)_|
techteg

Post by techteg »

I can help out at tech or registration, whichever needs me more.
yenko66
Pylons are afraid of me!

Post by yenko66 »

Why Cap the registration we have shown that we have no problems handling 4 runs with 125 drivers... Don't forget we have an extra hour of daylight Sunday as well.. Seems like the more entries we have the more possible profit the club can put in the bank!!! There is no reason we can't make the drivers meeting earlier and start running at 10:30!!

David
DSPDA3
Admin
Competition Car: MINI

Post by DSPDA3 »

Alot of places have noise ordinances, and we can't start until 11AM. Not sure if Salem is included in that or not.
BRR-SCCA 89 DS
2005 MINI Cooper S
yenko66
Pylons are afraid of me!

Post by yenko66 »

I'm aware of the possible noise restrictions that would be an issue for some of our lots.
yenko66
Pylons are afraid of me!

Post by yenko66 »

I'm aware of the possible noise restrictions that would be an issue for some of our lots.
ldstang50

Post by ldstang50 »

I will be makign the trip down the night before and throwing up my tent somewhere near by. Should I be more worried about bears than cops? You know us 'city' boys from up north, but I think my USMC mentality will win through
yenko66
Pylons are afraid of me!

Post by yenko66 »

Dang you... I was secretly hopeing that you wouldn't be able to attend... oh well I guess a possible second place finish will surfice...

David
MR2 KIX
Pylons are afraid of me!

Post by MR2 KIX »

I agree we could possibly handle more people if everything goes exactly right, but when is the last time that happened? Walk ups and late registration would be a nightmare if we dont have a definitive limit or time that we stop taking entries (Which should be earlier IMHO). This was evident at the last event, we barely got everyone registered and teched before start time. All I can say is thank goodness for Pre-registration.

No offense to anyone in the club, but we rarely start the first car off at 11:00. Everyone that is helping with the setup in the morning is doing their best to make this happen, but sometimes in trying to accomadate everyone, we get pushed back. I, and many others I suspect, only get to walk the course twice or less because our work assignments are so hurried right up until the start of the event. I imagine the manual entry of late arrivals on the computer is no picnic either. I think we need to leave some room for problems such as lights, timing, course safety, and registration/data entry issues.

If we continue to get 100+ numbers at events, maybe we should look at more help on the front end. Waivers, Tech, Registration, Data Entry and such. Also combine this with earlier cutoff times between registration/tech and drivers meeting. Anyone coming to participate should be more than capable of arriving, signing in, and having their car teched by 10:00. This would leave a little more room for anything that may come up.

All of this is just my opinion and I am sure we could start another thread on this topic.

See ya Sunday
Steve------#41
2007 MINI Cooper S
jun

Post by jun »

there should be one more spot open at myautoevents. my friend just removed his entry.
hemitud
Veteran
Competition Car: Dodge

Post by hemitud »

The trailer will be there by 8:00 am. I will make sure there is gas for the generator. After I get the tralier unloaded and things organized in there, I will be glad to help wherever needed. We can use my truck for cone distribution and pick up after the event.
Tim
11 XP - maybe
1993 V8 - S10
ldstang50

Post by ldstang50 »

yenko66 wrote:Dang you... I was secretly hopeing that you wouldn't be able to attend... oh well I guess a possible second place finish will surfice...

David
My tires are severly worn from a track day this past weekend. We'll see what happens
Porter

Post by Porter »

Hey guys,

Some of the local Subaru folks are getting together tonight at Buffalo Wild Wings out at Valley View for wings and to watch the Australian F1 race on the big screens. It'd be great if any of the autocross crew for this weekend would be interested in combining forces for a wing-a-thon starting around 8pm.

I know several of the competitors this weekend (MR2 KIX! Imprezivblue!) will be joining us anyway, but hopefully this will open it up to the rest of the crew.

I'm heading over to the event site now to see if there's anyone around, I'll be sure and mention it to everyone I see... :D See you guys later, and of course for M&C on Sunday. ;)

-Jason Porter