Non-autox related topics

Moderators: hklvette, glenthompson

LynnCombs
Veteran
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 1000
Competition Car: Corvette

Myautoevents.com Registration

Post by LynnCombs »

Myautoevents has gone to a fee based service to handle web based registration for any event. Posting an auto event that is going to take place will remain free. For BRR to continue to use the Myautoevents the fee structure and discount levels BRR uses may need to be adjusted. Our first event under the new Myautoevents.com policy will be Radford.

Myautoevents notice to Clubs:
http://www.myautoevents.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=371
Lynn Combs
Chiketkd
Veteran
Competition Car: Mitsubishi

Post by Chiketkd »

Lynn,

As some members might know, I'm a dual WDCR/BRR SCCA member. One avenue I've seen the WDCR explore is having businesses sponsor the season by helping to cover the operation costs of events inorder to keep entry fees down. If the BRR was able to find such a sponsor (e.g. King Tire) who was able to sponsor a season with the club, this sponsorship could be used to cover the new MAE reg fees. Sponsorship could also be extremely reasonble at just $40-$50 per event (~$500 for a season).

As 'repayment' for this sponsorship, all of our event dash-plaques for the season could have the sponsoring company's logo on them to help promote their business.

Just my $0.02...

P.S. 2007 WDCR sponsors include: BMW/Mini of Towson, Radial Tire, CG Lock, Criswell Auto, Lucky Dog Garage, Funktion Auto and Induktion Motorsports.
Chike D.
drum3
Veteran
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 314159

Post by drum3 »

Triad also uses sponsors,this years are Flow Mini, Flow BMW and Lotus of Durham,each sponsor at least 2 events at $300.You should have no problem finding sponsors in the $100 range.
Anthony Hodges
DSP 72

www.motorpride.com/TeamBorderline
LynnCombs
Veteran
Competition Car: Corvette

Post by LynnCombs »

As members of BRR-SCCA feel free to put together a sponsorship package that the members of the club could sell to potential sponsors. If we had definite deliverables that could be shown to a sponsor then I think BRR would have a better chance of actually getting sponsors. A sponsorship package would need to be presented to the BRR-SCCA board and approved before we could actually do anything.
Lynn Combs
drum3
Veteran
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 314159

Post by drum3 »

Triad uses the following during a presentation to a potential sponsor.1 Advertisement space on the Home page and Links to their websites.2 .Advertisement space in our monthly NewsLetter.3.Space to set-up and display their goods at any of our events as long as its not a direct conflict with the sponsor of that particular event.Ex: We wouldnt let Flow Mini set-up a display at an Event sponsored by Lotus of Durham. But all were welcome to bring displays to the Event sponsored by "The Motor Works".You can also offer them access to the Forum(even though its free) and post ads here as well.We also offer free driving instructors to anyone purchasing a Lotus thru Durham( That ones really for us,but it sounds good).same for Flow Mini and Subaru,but I have more fun in the Lotus !
Anthony Hodges
DSP 72

www.motorpride.com/TeamBorderline