March Memories Recap

Discussion about club racing, time trials, and high performance driving events.

Moderators: hklvette, glenthompson

aged racer
Seasoned Autoxer
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 314159

March Memories Recap

Post by aged racer »

A small but dedicated group of BRR racers braved all the elements last weekend to run the VIR North course with the NC Region. We had (in no particular order): rain, high winds, a temp range from mid-30's to high 50's, more cold-ass rain, occasional sunshine, etc. Bill & Kay Bradley's heated trailer was a highly regarded refuge all weekend...

Yours truly managed to fall off the track in the rain for the SARRC races one qualifying session, relegating me to 18th on the grid. I had a better race (rain drifting away finally), and clawed my way to 8th in Spec Miata.

Todd Cohen finished 4th in ITB, Gary Best grabbed 2nd in FVee, and Bill Bradley started 3rd but apparently was not able to take the start in F500. Finally, Larry Overstreet brought out his GTP Pinto as a GT3 car with a good run to 1st in the last race of the weekend.

If I've missed anyone else from the BRR, fess up. Race results can be found at http://www.mylaps.com or http://www.ncrscca.com/drivers.htm.

Next time out for me is the inaugural running of the Oaktree Double National at the VIR full course (at last!) April 11-13. Grapevine says to expect a large and competitive field from all over the Eastern US. There will be plenty of worker and/or spectator opportunities- mark your calendars! (http://oaktree.ncrscca.com/index.html)

Steve
RexRacer
Resident Track Wench

Post by RexRacer »

Congrats to the BRR gang on a good weekend.

Looks like I will be playing with you guys next year if everything goes to plan...

ITB Civic - Under construction...
aged racer
Seasoned Autoxer

Post by aged racer »

Cool. I like ITB/ ITA- we may convert my old Protege one of these days. Max track time- ECR's/ CCPS/ SARRC- lotta bang for the buck.

Let me know, if you need a hand.

Steve
tac911t
Pylons are afraid of me!
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 1000
Competition Car: Jetta

Post by tac911t »

Oh Great, another ITB competitor!!! :twisted:

Welcome to the next level of madness (and money, and time, and ....)
RexRacer
Resident Track Wench

Post by RexRacer »

ITB is going to be really healthy in the next couple of years.

I know what I am getting into...that is why it has taken so long to get there. :)