Goblins Go at VIR

Discussion about club racing, time trials, and high performance driving events.

Moderators: hklvette, glenthompson

Scott
Veteran
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 314159

Goblins Go at VIR

Post by Scott »

Anyone from the region going? I'm am thinking about coming down to spectate. Will there be sprint races on Saturday at all?
tac911t
Pylons are afraid of me!
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 1000
Competition Car: Jetta

Re: Goblins Go at VIR

Post by tac911t »

I plan to be there racing the 200SX, I know that Steve S, maybe his son Drew, and Denton Stanley will be there.
I have not checked in with the formula guys from Roanoke, but Greg Hastings, Gary Best, Tom Gutherie, and Bill Bradley are typically there.

Chris Plucker and Jason Cocke will be there racing Chris's 280Z, and Randy Carter will be racing his Datsun 2000 roadster.

Detailed schedule is at http://www.ncrscca.com/Pdf/2008Entries/ ... hedule.pdf
Practice and Qualifying is Saturday morning, with a 1 1/2 hour enduro on Saturday afternoon. The sprint races are Sunday, with a 1 1/2 hour and a 45 minute enduro Sunday afternoon.

This weekend is the Production Car Festival, where the focus is on the production classes (DP,EP,FP,GP,HP,GTL), who's race is scheduled for Sunday before lunch (lunch is at 11:00 am due to quiet hour between 11:00 - 12:00).

Todd C
aged racer
Seasoned Autoxer

Post by aged racer »

Yes, we'll be there sharing the old Protege SSC car for the enduros. Denton Staley is buying Bill Black's SSC Cobalt, so he'll run that on Sunday.

Ya'll look us up in the paddock. Denton will have his Mcfries powered Ford Diesel truck and we have our usual Tahoe & trailer.

Steve
At-Large Member- SARRC Race Committee

Will race (and autocross) for food.
tac911t
Pylons are afraid of me!

Post by tac911t »

Randy Carter and I will be racing my 200SX in the Saturday Enduro (if it the overscubscription is taken care of).

For the enduro we could use some extra help. If anyone is interested, I have some extra crew passes. SCCA membership is required for the crew pass, and if you have access to a drivers suit or other fire resistant clothing (and face covering), it would be helpful for the refueling. If you do want to help, but don't have the clothing, you could be behind the pit wall timing the stop. The pit stop is a minium of 5 minutes (no red/green Ferrari pit light to worry about). We should be able to switch drivers and add 1/2 tank of gas in 5 minutes.

Let me know if you are interested.

Todd C.
aged racer
Seasoned Autoxer

Post by aged racer »

Todd, think we can work together and share a pit. Drew and I will be running both ECR's with Emmitt Staley, and we usually work with at least one other car in a pit box. We know the drill, have a double stopwatch etc. and can help you with refueling.

Let me know if you are interested, as I'm going to mark a pit box first thing Friday.

Steve

tac911t
Pylons are afraid of me!

Post by tac911t »

Steve,

There are 80 cars registered for Saturday's Enduro, that probably equates to sharing (doubling up) pit spots?
If you want to share a spot that would be great. I plan to be at the track Friday afternoon, to setup in the paddock and get the new tires mounted.
Scott
Veteran

Post by Scott »

I was planning on only being there on Sunday, but I may be able to help out, I need to see if i can get out out of something I was suppose to do on Saturday
aged racer
Seasoned Autoxer

Post by aged racer »

Scott, we'll have some extra bodies around but you are welcome to join us.

Todd, sharing a pit box is mandatory, sometimes as many as three which gets messy. Would work well to share with you since we're in different classes.

We are not going to make the practice day as I'd planned, too much going on at work. You'll probably get there before me (we'll setup shop next to Emmitt Staley in the blue Protege). Anyway, when you get squared away, you might go ahead and mark a pit box for both of us. Usually they get marked up early in the weekend and then you have to go beg to share. Best way is to use a couple strips of duct tape with our car numbers written on them (we are #88). We like the early pit boxes (closer to pit in)- some of the serious teams (OPM, etc) like to be mid-pit row and you can easily get crowded out.

Emmitt may do the same, but I'm not sure when he'll get there.

Lastly- Scott Malbon- are you out there? I saw you registered for ECR 1 without a co-driver. We can work you in our box and help with pit if you need.

Gonna be a good weekend- see ya there.

Steve

tac911t
Pylons are afraid of me!

Post by tac911t »

Steve,

Yes, I am looking forward to the enduro, should be fun to have a team working the pits.

Do you have a 10lb fire bottle for the pits? If not, I can get one and bring it.

Todd
aged racer
Seasoned Autoxer

Post by aged racer »

I've got the proper size fire bottle, special oversize "countdown" stopwatch, etc. Good to go!

Emmitt is going to do the practice day, said he'd check out a pit box. We should be there around mid-afternoon.

see ya there

Scott
Veteran

Post by Scott »

anyone have room on their crew list to add me?
aged racer
Seasoned Autoxer

Post by aged racer »

Scott, I'm tapped out on crew slots. Our co-driver Emmitt has a lot of family coming in for the weekend.

Steve

tac911t
Pylons are afraid of me!

Post by tac911t »

Scott,

I have an extra crew pass. I will leave it at the front gate with your name on it.

If you do not have a crew license, when you get to registration you only need to fill out a form (no cost).
Registation is in the 2 story barn next to the pits.

Todd