New to the Radford area

General club news and info

Moderators: hklvette, glenthompson

beermkr
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 314159

New to the Radford area

Post by beermkr »

Hello all,

I have recently left the Tidewater area (member of the TSCC) and relocated to Radford! I have been looking around and finally found this site (not hard just been busy) and wanted to introduce myself.

I have been racing for a couple years with TSCC. First in my buddies 96 Miata and then in my 1990 Probe GT. I was active in the club and held the PM Chief of Security position for our events at Little Creek.

I was sad to leave the club but the oppourtunity to take the Brewer's position at The River Company was a great deal (plus I was unemployed for a little while so anything is great!).

My Probe is a work in process and I have managed to make it highly uncompetative by modding it to the DSP class. I don't know how the class is out here but the BMW's in TSCC are near unstoppable! The problem is I love driving it and it gets better gas milage than my Dodge 2500 diesel :).

I wanted to know if there is a local meeting or a club that is active in the area.

Mike
Chief Brewer - The River Company Restaurant and Brewery
1990 Ford Probe GT
2.2L Turbo, 17x8 Mustand GT rims, 245/35zr17 Continental ContiSport Contact2
Racing DSP and comin' in last!
drum3
Veteran

Re: New to the Radford area

Post by drum3 »

Welcome to the club ! I've been chasing Tom Bleh and Doug for several years myself , finally beat Tom at Nationals last year for the first time. He doesnt like the wet :D .
Chief Brewer heh ?? Yep , you will make lots of friends !
Anthony Hodges
DSP 72

www.motorpride.com/TeamBorderline
Chiketkd
Veteran
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 1000
Competition Car: Mitsubishi

Post by Chiketkd »

Welcome to the club Mike.

Not sure how soon you want to autocross, but we have a charity autocross on November 16th at the Salem Civic Center (~30-45 minute drive from Radford iirc).

Here's the registration link: http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/frm ... nt_id=9504
Chike D.
beermkr

Post by beermkr »

Thanks for the welcome. I will have to check my calendar and cash situation to see if I can make the Nov 16th event.

Mike
1990 Ford Probe GT
glenthompson
Veteran
Competition Car: Caldwell

Post by glenthompson »

Welcome to the area. We may have to make your establishment as the stop after next year's Motormile speedway event.

DSP has some good competition with Anthony Hodges (Neon) and Donnie Jones (BMW). Ryan Clark used to run his Acura in DSP but has been MIA lately due to 2 young kids.
Glen Thompson, Officer Emeritus
VW Jetta TDI
beermkr

Post by beermkr »

glenthompson wrote:Welcome to the area. We may have to make your establishment as the stop after next year's Motormile speedway event.
I hope you mean "events"

Mike
1990 Ford Probe GT
DSPDA3
Admin
Competition Car: MINI

Post by DSPDA3 »

glenthompson wrote: DSP has some good competition with Anthony Hodges (Neon) and Donnie Jones (BMW). Ryan Clark used to run his Acura in DSP but has been MIA lately due to 2 young kids.
I plan on being in Salem in two weeks, but that may be the only appearance for a while. It's challenging to get out of the house anymore. My time is taken up with the kids, multiple home projects, and various other odds and ends. With Julie working part-time now on Sundays, that throws another wrench in the gears.

In preparation for Salem, I still need to dust the cobwebs loose on the Acura, and give it a bath. I've put less than 500 miles on it in the past year. I imagine my R-comps are quite hard after not being run in over a year. Hopefully the driver hasn't accumulated too much rust. :P

Who knows, by the time I autocross again, I'll have to invest in the letter 'F' for FSP.
BRR-SCCA 89 DS
2005 MINI Cooper S
beermkr

Post by beermkr »

Well hopefully I will be able to get some R-comps for next year and do the upgrades that may make me a little more competative (you know, replace the original struts....). I could run in STU but then the STi's would eat me up :)

Mike
1990 Ford Probe GT