How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 1000
Competition Car: Corvette

Officer Nominees for 2012

Post by LynnCombs »

Need nominees for Club Officers for 2012. The positions up for ballot are:
Director..
Secretary..
Assistant Region Executive.. Michael Hasting

If you would like to contribute to the Blue Ridge Region - SCCA as a Club Officer please enter you name for nomination so it will appear on the 2012 election Ballot.

Board meetings are handled by conference call on the 4th Tuesday of each month at 7:30 PM to help with participation and travel. The term for each position is 2 years.
Lynn Combs
drum3
Veteran
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 314159

Re: Officer Nominees for 2012

Post by drum3 »

What are the responsibilities of each position ?
Anthony Hodges
DSP 72

www.motorpride.com/TeamBorderline
glenthompson
Veteran
Competition Car: Caldwell

Post by glenthompson »

Director - participate in monthly meetings - usually conference call. Make decisions regarding the club, financial and operational.

Secretary - take minutes of above meetings, ballot mailings each year.

Asst RE - handle RE job if needed.
Glen Thompson, Officer Emeritus
VW Jetta TDI
JaneCombs
Pylons are afraid of me!

Post by JaneCombs »

glenthompson wrote:
Secretary - take minutes of above meetings, ballot mailings each year.
And order supplies, special event awards, end-of-year awards, arrange food when needed.
glenthompson
Veteran
Competition Car: Caldwell

Post by glenthompson »

Listen up people -

If we don't have officers we won't be able to get sanctions and insurance for events. Our 2012 season depends on getting people to participate in running the club. It's time for some new people to step forward and help.

Stories about being too busy just don't cut it. I doubt that few other people have less free time than the current officers. If you have time to compete, you have time to help the club.
Glen Thompson, Officer Emeritus
VW Jetta TDI
hklvette
Veteran
Competition Car: BumminRides

Post by hklvette »

glenthompson wrote:Listen up people -

If we don't have officers we won't be able to get sanctions and insurance for events. Our 2012 season depends on getting people to participate in running the club. It's time for some new people to step forward and help.

Stories about being too busy just don't cut it. I doubt that few other people have less free time than the current officers. If you have time to compete, you have time to help the club.
This. I am certain that there are people in BRR who have been around longer than I have and have ideas on how to improve or expand the club's operation. This is the way to see those ideas grow.

In any case, I'm nominating Jon Garcia for director. Keep in mind that you can nominate yourself.
-Henry Lehmann
BRR Solo Chair, Treasurer, and Equipment Steward

"If you want to get it done, you have to do it yourself."
aged racer
Seasoned Autoxer

Post by aged racer »

Glen- you have PM.

Steve
At-Large Member- SARRC Race Committee

Will race (and autocross) for food.
JaneCombs
Pylons are afraid of me!

Post by JaneCombs »

Last chance to add a name to the ballot. Positions open this year are Asst. Regional Executive, Director, and Secretary. Still need a secretary, and of course there can always be more than one person running for any position. Term is two years, candidate must be a member of SCCA, and affiliated with Blue Ridge Region. Meetings are held monthly by phone conference, or sometimes over milk and cookies after an event, and have happened in the parking area at an event. Acceptance of nomination must be confirmed by nominee before the name can be added to the ballot.

These positions must be filled in order to renew our charter, and to obtain event sanctions and insurance.
Dwomp24
Competition Car: Subaru

Post by Dwomp24 »

Aww I really wish I could help out guys! I will be graduating from LU this up coming fall and with in these next 2 semesters i really need to step up my game "Grade" wise. Also i dont want to move up north after graduation and making obligations to you guys that i cant keep. :| other wise i would be all for filling a roll.
-David Wampler
Class: STU

Sponsors:
IAG Performance
EVOLUTION PERFORMANCE DRIVING SCHOOL
OS GIKEN
slowblackwagon
Pylons are afraid of me!

Post by slowblackwagon »

I'm willing to step in as the secretary. Only conflict is my schedule with work. I work Sunday thru Thursday 3-11pm. This presents a problem for making it to all the events and for doing meeting notes. I apologize for any spelling errors I'm posting from my iPhone. My Internet is acting all up at work. Let me know how I can help.

Edit: moreso my meeting notes. Works fairly good about letting me off for events.
2004 G35......trying to class up this joint.
DLingenfelter
Seasoned Autoxer

Post by DLingenfelter »

If Bruce can't make the meetings I can make them in his place. We live pretty close together so he can let me know if he's a no go. I'll do whatever I can to keep this awesome thing we call the Blue Ridge Region SCCA going!
David Lingenfelter
18STS2
JaneCombs
Pylons are afraid of me!

Post by JaneCombs »

Bruce and David, thank you for stepping up. The ballots are in the mail, with a blank space beside the Secretary position. Write yourselves in, and I will certainly vote for you. I guess Bruce should be the actual board member, with David as the backup, just for clarity on the ballot. I hope everyone else who sees this will support Bruce by writing him in as Secretary on the ballot. Pass the word among the region.

I will have minutes of past meetings, contact names and numbers you need to know, etc. at the banquet, or whenever you want to get together.
slowblackwagon
Pylons are afraid of me!

Post by slowblackwagon »

JaneCombs wrote:Bruce and David, thank you for stepping up. The ballots are in the mail, with a blank space beside the Secretary position. Write yourselves in, and I will certainly vote for you. I guess Bruce should be the actual board member, with David as the backup, just for clarity on the ballot. I hope everyone else who sees this will support Bruce by writing him in as Secretary on the ballot. Pass the word among the region.

I will have minutes of past meetings, contact names and numbers you need to know, etc. at the banquet, or whenever you want to get together.
I work the 4th So no banquet for me. But we don't live that far away from each other Jane.
2004 G35......trying to class up this joint.