1997 Miata for Sale

Selling wheels/tires? Cars? Post it here to get the word out.

Moderators: hklvette, glenthompson

rschumin
Veteran
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 1000
Competition Car: Honda

1997 Miata for Sale

Post by rschumin »

Edit for new price... Just add tires and be competitive in STR, CSP, or CSP Tire

For sale is a 1997 Miata with 141,xxx miles. The car has power steering, power brakes, air conditioning, power windows, mirrors, cruise, AM/FM CD with door and headrest speakers. It also has leather seats and a Torsen limited slip. The soft top is almost new. The car also has a hardtop with defroster.

I added the following “optional” equipment in the last year.

Ground Control coil overs with 550 lb springs front and 350 lb springs rear. Koni yellow SA race shocks. Racing Beat 1 1/8” tubular front sway bar. Racing Beat front sway bar brace kit. The stock rear sway bar is on the car now, but I will include a Racing Beat big rear bar. 949 Racing adjustable end links front and rear.

Factory replacement brake rotors and stainless steel flexible brake lines from 949 Racing. Carbotech autocross compound brake pads front and rear.

In the engine bay there are Mazda competition motor mounts, Racing Beat High flow intake, Racing Beat Header with a Track Dog Thermal Blanket, and Magnecor 8mm wires. The timing is advanced to 14 degrees. Factory replacement clutch slave cylinder with stainless steel flexible lines from 949 Racing. There is a Koyo 37 mm aluminum radiator with Samco silicon hoses.

The car rides on Chapparal 15x7 wheels (they look like Minilites) and General all-season tires. There is also a set of 15x8 Bronze 6UL wheels from 949 Racing with used up Hankooks.

I also have a new set of factory alignment bolts and a shorty antenna that haven’t been installed. I have most of the stock parts I took off and a set of AGX adjustable shocks. They are also included.

I think $6500 is reasonable for everything or $5300 without the hard top and 6UL’s PM me if interested.
Last edited by rschumin on Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ray
........_\____
......./__|___\__
......(O)_ _(O)_|
00GTJustin
Seasoned Autoxer

Re: 1997 Miata for Sale

Post by 00GTJustin »

Man everyone is jumping ship on their Miatas...GLWS Ray.
Gearing up for the 2013 CSP Showdown
DSPDA3
Admin
Competition Car: MINI

Post by DSPDA3 »

Wow! S2000!? Nice. My letter to Santa keeps getting lost. The Cooper S hasn't shown up yet. I assume you'll stay STR? Or play in BS for a while?
BRR-SCCA 89 DS
2005 MINI Cooper S
rschumin
Veteran

Post by rschumin »

DSPDA3 wrote:Wow! S2000!? Nice. My letter to Santa keeps getting lost. The Cooper S hasn't shown up yet. I assume you'll stay STR? Or play in BS for a while?
I plan to run in STR again. Running on street tires this year was a lot of fun and long term makes more sense for me because of the number of events I run.

Just to expand on that a bit... I ran 36 autocross days from January through December. That included an Evo school, and a couple of other schools and test and tune days. There were 3 or 4 events where I had a co-driver. I did all of that on one set of RS-3's. I also drove the car to all those events on those tires.

The other thing is that the Miata never missed a beat during all of that. For sure we did all of the normal "used car" maintenance, but there was never a run all season where the car didn't pull hard and run strong. I had planned to run the Miata again, but the deal on the S2K was just too good to pass up.
Ray
........_\____
......./__|___\__
......(O)_ _(O)_|
rschumin
Veteran

Post by rschumin »

rschumin wrote:OK, so Santa is dropping off an S2000 here on Thursday. That means the Miata has to go.

For sale is a 1997 Miata with 141,xxx miles. The car has power steering, power brakes, air conditioning, power windows, mirrors, cruise, AM/FM CD with door and headrest speakers. It also has leather seats and a Torsen limited slip. The soft top is almost new. The car also has a hardtop with defroster.

Ground Control coil overs with 550 lb springs front and 350 lb springs rear. Koni yellow SA race shocks. Racing Beat 1 1/8” tubular front sway bar. Racing Beat front sway bar brace kit. The stock rear sway bar is on the car now, but I will include a Racing Beat big rear bar. 949 Racing adjustable end links front and rear.

Factory replacement brake rotors and stainless steel flexible brake lines from 949 Racing. Carbotech autocross compound brake pads front and rear.

In the engine bay there are Mazda competition motor mounts, Racing Beat High flow intake, Racing Beat Header with a Track Dog Thermal Blanket, and Magnecor 8mm wires. The timing is advanced to 14 degrees. Factory replacement clutch slave cylinder with stainless steel flexible lines from 949 Racing. There is a Koyo 37 mm aluminum radiator with Samco silicon hoses.

The car rides on Chapparal 15x7 wheels (they look like Minilites) and General all-season tires. There is also a set of 15x8 Bronze 6UL wheels from 949 Racing with used up Hankooks.

I also have a new set of factory alignment bolts and a shorty antenna that haven’t been installed. I have most of the stock parts I took off and a set of AGX adjustable shocks. They are also included.

I think $7000 is reasonable for everything or $5800 without the hard top and 6UL’s PM me if interested.
OK, now that Mick's car is sold it is time to move this one. You could think if this car as a CSP starter kit. All you would have to do is "add lightness" by doing the CSP legal weight reduction stuff and a set of r-comps and you would have a locally competitive CSP car. Or if you already have a Miata that you want to prep you could return this car to stock, have an outstanding daily driver and use the suspension, headers, intake and wheels on your project.
Ray
........_\____
......./__|___\__
......(O)_ _(O)_|
rschumin
Veteran

Post by rschumin »

rschumin wrote:Edit for new price... Just add tires and be competitive in STR, CSP, or CSP Tire

I think $6500 is reasonable for everything or $5300 without the hard top and 6UL’s PM me if interested.
Bump for a lower price
Ray
........_\____
......./__|___\__
......(O)_ _(O)_|
Edman
Competition Car: Miata

Post by Edman »

Have you sold this yet? Would you be willing to sell the 6ul's separately?
rschumin
Veteran

Post by rschumin »

Edman wrote:Have you sold this yet? Would you be willing to sell the 6ul's separately?
Not yet. Check back after this weekend.
Ray
........_\____
......./__|___\__
......(O)_ _(O)_|
slowblackwagon
Pylons are afraid of me!

Post by slowblackwagon »

I'll be selling a kidney soon to buy this........... :lol:
2004 G35......trying to class up this joint.
rschumin
Veteran

Post by rschumin »

The car is sold.
Ray
........_\____
......./__|___\__
......(O)_ _(O)_|
LynnCombs