Pics and Vids from July 10th point event #6

Discuss upcoming events, classing questions, car setup, etc.

Moderators: hklvette, glenthompson

teamking
Pylons are afraid of me!

Pics and Vids from July 10th point event #6

Post by teamking »

Seems like there were lots of mechanical issues today... hope everyone's cars are ok.

Steve, when I drove past you on 581 with Langlee and Janet trailing my trailer in the S2000 and with all the traffic, I decided the best thing would be to keep going and call Ray to check in on you and organize a response. Ray wasn't at home, so that plan worked pretty poorly. I felt like a real jerk until I remembered that there is probably no one better prepared to deal with the situation than you. Hope everything was ok.

All,

Didn't get video from my third run, which was FTD, but this one was only a couple of hundredths slower.
https://youtu.be/hjwSPHzVQ7I

Here's video of Langlee... we were sharing one camera and had not tried the mounting on her helmet before. As you can see, it was less than ideal...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2ifflNdq0w
Will
hklvette
Veteran
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 1000
Competition Car: BumminRides

Re: Pics and Vids from July 10th point event #6

Post by hklvette »

I was one of the last people to leave, and don't remember seeing Steve pulled off to the side...

Also, I apologize for the course's complexity this weekend. I will do my best to make sure that future courses at Roanoke (assuming we go back at all) are better.
-Henry Lehmann
BRR Solo Chair, Treasurer, and Equipment Steward

"If you want to get it done, you have to do it yourself."
toyotechwv
How many miles is the Indy 500 times 2?: 314159

Post by toyotechwv »

hklvette wrote:I was one of the last people to leave, and don't remember seeing Steve pulled off to the side...

Also, I apologize for the course's complexity this weekend. I will do my best to make sure that future courses at Roanoke (assuming we go back at all) are better.
Don't apologize, it isn't supposed to be easy. If we aren't challenged we won't get better. It was a great course.
Last edited by toyotechwv on Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Sexton
Master Diagnostic Technician at L&S Toyota of Beckley
2015 Toyota Prius......Use "The Force" young Padawan...Electromotive Force
blueseven
Novice
Competition Car: Miata

Post by blueseven »

Hey I just wanted to extend a "thank you" to all involved in putting on the event. As a first timer, I had a blast despite the understeering pig of a car I was driving, haha. I look forward to getting involved more in the future and definitely appreciate how hospitable everyone was (especially Brad and Rachel (?)).

Thanks again!

-Aaron
diggles240
Pylons are afraid of me!
Competition Car: Nissan

Post by diggles240 »

teamking wrote:Seems like there were lots of mechanical issues today... hope everyone's cars are ok.

Steve, when I drove past you on 581 with Langlee and Janet trailing my trailer in the S2000 and with all the traffic, I decided the best thing would be to keep going and call Ray to check in on you and organize a response. Ray wasn't at home, so that plan worked pretty poorly. I felt like a real jerk until I remembered that there is probably no one better prepared to deal with the situation than you. Hope everything was ok.
I agree Will. I thought I had Steve's number in my phone, but did not find out that was not the case until we were stuck on 81....

Hope all is well for Steve and everyone else.
Kevin
1996 Nissan 240sx SE two-pedal torture
#86 HS|SM