Countdown to Points #1 & #2
March 10-11 @ Danville Airport, Danville, VA:
- The 2018 Season schedule has been posted. Scroll down to read more!
- Solo Spec Coupe class has been added.
- Street Touring FWD (STF) class has been renamed Street Touring Hatchback (STH).
NOTE: Many vehicles have been re-classed!
- PAX and TIRE class modifiers have been eliminated.
- A MASTERS class modifier has been added. Eligible for drivers sixty (60) years of age and older.
- A year-end PAX Championship has been instituted this year. For each event, points will be awarded based on participants' PAX order.
- Head socks will be required for ANYONE using a BRR loaner helmet. This includes passengers. Head socks will be sold by the BRR for $2.00.
for a BRR-SCCA Open Event
2018 Event Entry Fees:
Member: $35 (On-site) / $30 (Pre-registered)
Non-Member: $45 (On-site) / $40 (Pre-registered)
Visa & Mastercard accepted on site.
2018 BRR-SCCA Solo Schedule:
- March 10-11: Points Events #1 & #2 @ Danville Airport
- April 7-8: Points Events #3 & #4 @ Verona Government Center
- May 6: Points Event #5 @ Roanoke OR Salem Civic Center (TBD)
- June 9 & 10: Points Events #6 & #7 @ Danville Airport
- July 21 & 22: Points Events #8 & #9 @ Verona Government Center
- August 19: Points Event #10 @ Roanoke OR Salem Civic Center (TBD)
- TBD: Annual BRR vs. VMSC Challenge @ Virginia Motorsports Park
Last update: FEB 07 2018
About the Blue Ridge Region SCCA ...
Welcome to the website of the Blue Ridge Region of the Sports Car Club of
America (SCCA). The SCCA is an organization comprised of approximately
50,000 members whose interests lie in automotive competitions and their
various satellite activities. Active members enjoy the many different
facets offered by the club; road races, SOLO, rally, officiating, crewing
and especially the camaraderie of their fellow enthusiasts. The SCCA is
geographically divided into DIVISIONS containing REGIONS. Members can
elect to belong to any region they wish although most choose their local
The Blue Ridge Region (Number 103), is in the SOUTHEAST DIVISION (SeDiv),
located in the central to southwest portion of Virginia with our
boundaries extending into southeast West Virginia. Our area surrounds
Virginia's Blue Ridge Mountains which provides beauty and splendor as the
backdrop for our regional activities. Our primary regional functions are
SOLO, Rally and socials with many members involved in Club Racing and
officiating at tracks nearby.
SOLO (or autocrossing), is usually a Sunday event open to members and
non-members, pitting drivers and their cars against a temporary course
normally set up in a large parking lot. These events are a timed
competition, one car on course at a time. Multiple runs are made and
eventual class winners are determined from the best laps. There are many
classes in which to participate, with many electing to use their "daily driver".
There is a pre-event safety inspection performed on each vehicle.
The only "special" equipment required of the participants is an approved
helmet (loaner helmets are normally available at the events). Drivers are
required to "work" during a portion of their time when they are not on
course. The "work" involves any of the many officiating tasks required to
execute the event (flagging, tech inspection, timing, staging, etc.). SOLO
is the cornerstone of the SCCA. Many road racers (both amateur and
professional) and race officials, began their racing careers/hobbies in
Rallying with the Blue Ridge Region consists of time, speed and distance
competitions over roads winding through the valleys and the peaks of the Blue
Ridge Mountains. Our rally program has had many successes from "fun"
Rally's to National level events. Many regional members are involved in the numerous racing offerings of the
SCCA. Blue Ridge Region members have successfully competed in all levels
of SCCA Club and Pro Racing. Many tracks(Charlotte, Kershaw, Memphis,
Mid-Ohio, Pocono, Rd. Atlanta, Savannah, Summit Point, and Virginia International Raceway), are accessible
from the heart of the region within a two to eight hour drive.
This thumbnail of our region is not meant to be all inclusive, but instead
merely an overview of some of our primary activities. We are a small
region made of the families of rural Virginia, a great place to live, work
All Rights Reserved