for a BRR-SCCA Open Event on Motorsportreg.com
PRINT SOLO Numbers and Class.
PRINT SOLO TECH Sheet and Worker Safety Rules.
Solo Supplemental Regulations
The following supplemental regulations apply to all Blue Ridge Region
Sports Car Club of America sanctioned Solo events.
Event Schedule: Unless otherwise announced, the following Event
operating schedule will apply to all events.
- Events will be run under the current year SCCA SOLO Rules.
- Use of alcoholic beverages and/or illegal drugs during the Event will
result in immediate expulsion from the Event site and disqualification.
- Mufflers, seatbelts, and SCCA approved helmets (loaners available) are required.
- All automobiles must pass the Blue Ridge Region SCCA Safety Inspection. A yearly Safety Inspection is available to SCCA members.
- Entry Fees:
We strongly encourage online registration for all BRR-SCCA events. You recieve $5.00 discount off of the entry fee by registering for Solo online!
- One Day Entry............ $30.00 ... Must present current SCCA membership card and valid drivers license.
- Weekend Membership ...... $10.00 ... Required for Non-SCCA Members to participate.
- Walk-up Fee ............. $5.00 ... If not pre-registered via MotorsportReg.com.
- Late fee..................... $10.00 .. Payable after registration closes.
There will be no late registration allowed after the drivers meeting has started.
||(1st Car Off)
|8:30am - 10:00am
||8:30am - 10:00am
- All Entrants participating, and individuals that are working, crewing,
or visiting within the Event site must sign the Event waiver.
- Entrants under 18 years of age, must have a Minor Waiver signed by
their parent or guardian.
- Entrants must show the Event Registrar their valid driver's license.
- Entrants will be required to work, failure to do so, will result in working twice before they will be allowed to run in another Blue Ridge Region autocross event.
- Entrants must wear shirts and closed-toed shoes, when competing or
working on the course.
- Entrants may register to drive no more than one (1) car.
- All drivers will accumulate points toward a YEAR-END PAX CHAMPIONSHIP based on the PAX finishing order of each event.
- LADIES Class will be scored on the PAX of the respective base class entered. Participation in the LADIES Class is at the discretion of the entrant.
- NOVICE Class can be entered by participants that have entered less than 10 autocrosses or who have not completed a full season of Solo events.
The NOVICE Class is scored on the PAX of each novice entrant. Participation in the NOVICE Class is at the discretion of the entrant.
- MASTERS Class is for drivers age 60 (sixty) and over, and will be scored on the PAX of the respective base class entered.
Participation in MASTERS Class is at the discretion of the entrant.
- OPEN Class is for drivers who want to compete with others in their base class. Each Class is scored on time.
Car Numbers and Class Designations:
- PRINT your Car Numbers and Class Designations before you arrive at a Solo event.
- Maximum limit of 96dba, 'A' weighted, 'Slow' response, at the measuring point and approved by the event chair.
- The measuring point will be at 50 ft from the edge of the course at a point where the car can be expected to be at full throttle, under load, and at high RPM.
- Any run 96dba or over will be scored a DNF.
- When a vehicle exceeds 96dba, the sound operator will call timing to score the run as a DNF. The Grid Chief will also be called so that they may inform the driver that they have exceeded the allowed noise limit, the run has been scored as a DNF, and that they will need to take preventative measures to continue.
- No refunds will be given to entrants who violate the noise policy and receive a DNF or forfeited runs.
Annual Tech Inspection:
- Any SCCA member may request an annual BRR-SCCA tech inspection by notifying the Tech Inspection Team at any BRR-SCCA Solo event.
- The inspection is valid for the entire BRR-SCCA Solo season at NO cost to the SCCA member.
- An annual inspection sticker will be affixed to the drivers side door jam.
- The participant will need to obtain an event inspection sticker from the Tech Inspection Team at each Solo event.
- The car will need to re-inspected if the car has modifications performed or changes class.
- The inspected car will be subject to random re-inspection by the Tech Inspection Team.
PAX Shoot Out
- Fun Runs may be available at the end of the Event, at the Event Chairman's
- Only Paid, Registered Entrants may drive during the Fun Runs.
- Only registered automobiles that have competed during the Official
Timed Runs, and therefore have passed the BRR SCCA technical inspection
may be driven during Fun Runs.
- Only Entrants who have signed the Event waiver, or minors who have had
a Minor Waiver signed by their parent or guardian may receive rides during
a Fun Run.
- $5.00 for 3 Fun Runs
- Top 16 PAXed cars will be eligible for the PAX Shoot Out competition.
- If a top PAXed driver does not desire to compete then the next top PAXed driver will receive the eligibility until all 16 spots are filled. If 16 drivers are not available, BYE runs will be awarded starting with the top PAXed entries.
- The competition will consist of 1 run in a single elimination Bracket format. 1 vs 16, 8 vs 9, 4 vs 13, 5 vs 12, 2 vs 15, 7 vs 10, 3 vs 14, and 6 vs 11. Fastest PAXed time including cone penalties is the winner in all cases. The higher seeded driver has the choice of run order for that pair.
- Drivers may not switch cars from the qualifying entry. Original driver and car qualify for the PAX Shoot out competition.
- Driver and car must be ready to run in 5 minutes after the PAX field is set and announced.
- If the Driver and Car can not respond to the Starter when their run is called then the run is forfeited as a DNS to the opponent. If neither driver in a Bracket can respond to the call of the Starter then both drivers forfeit their position as a DNS.
- No 5 minute time limits between runs will be enforced.
- No mechanicals will be enforced.
- Only 2 drivers per car are permitted to participate in the PAX Shoot out.
Solo Year End Points and Trophies
- All BRR-SCCA sponsored, co-sponsored, other out of regional sponsored,
co-sponsored, and/or events approved by the BRR-SCCA board, run under the
current year SCCA Solo rules will be a point's events. Approved events
should be announced before the start of the Solo season.
- All BRR-SCCA members entering an event will receive at least 1 (one)
point. Points will be awarded as follows:
|1st Place..…16 points
||4th Place……6 points
||7th Place……2 points
|2nd Place….12 points
||5th Place……4 points
||8th Place……1 point
|3rd Place……9 points
||6th Place……3 points
||9th & Higher..1 point
- 10 Points will be awarded to members who donate their time in any
capacity at an event and do not drive. These points will be applied to a
members points for the class that he/she ran in the previous event, or the
next event. No more than 2 events or 20 points can be awarded to a member
during one Solo year for their donations.
- There will be no additional points for Fastest Time of Day (F.T.D.).
The car and driver with F.T.D. will remain in their class and not be
broken out. This does not mandate any award or trophy for F.T.D. Awards
and trophies are the responsibility and discretion of the Chairperson of
- Bumping: There will be no bumping of classes.
- YEAR-END CLASS TROPHIES:
- A minimum of 1 (one) car in a class, registered in an event will
constitute a class.
- To award a trophy to a class winner that person must have participated
in at least 1/2 of BRR-SCCA approved Solo events for that year.
- Tie Breaker: 1st. The number of first place finishes, 2nd. The number
of 2nd place finishes, and so on, then consider the number of events
- Dropping events: The maximum number of scoring events will equal 75% of the total number of events actually held for the season. (12 point's events run: a maximum of 9 events scored towards year-end total. The maxium number of scoring events will be rounded in tha case of a fraction. 10 events x .75 = 7.5 rounded to 8 maxium scored events.)
All Rights Reserved