Welcome to the Blue Ridge Region of the SCCA
Registration opening soon!
- A year-end PAX Championship has been instituted. For each even, points will be awarded based on participants’ PAX order.
- New ByLaws have been ratified, effective July 22, 2021.
- BRR Solo Supplementary Rules are now available.
2023 BRR SCCA Solo Schedule
- Points Event #1 April 2 – Full, RAW, PAX
- Points Events #2-3 April 29-30
- Test and Tune May 21st – Salem Civic Center
- Points Event #4 July 23 – Salem Civic Center
- Points Event #5 August 20 – Salem Civic Center
- Points Events #6-7 September 30 – October 1 – Salem Civic Center
- Points Events #8-9 October 14-15 – Salem Civic Center
Last updated 5/1/2023
Other Events of Interest
Attention hillclimbers, mark your calendars for the 2023 SCCA Appalachian HillClimb Series:
- April 21-23: Pine Mountain, Pinville, Kentucky
- June 2-4: Flag Rock, Norton, Virginia
- July 28-30: Dragon, Robbinsville, North Carolina
- August 25-27: Series Finale, Norton, Virginia
What is Autocross?
SOLO (or autocrossing), is a weekend event open to members and non-members, pitting drivers and their cars against a temporary course normally set up in a large parking lot. Multiple runs are made and eventual class winners are determined from the best laps. Learn more.
Do I need any safety equipment?
There is a pre-event safety inspection performed on each vehicle. The only “special” equipment required of the participants is an approved helmet (loaner helmets are normally available at the events).
Why do I need to work at an event?
Drivers are required to “work” during a portion of their time when they are not on course. The “work” involves any of the many officiating tasks required to execute the event (flagging, tech inspection, timing, staging, etc.).
About the Blue Ridge Region SCCA
Welcome to the website of the Blue Ridge Region of the Sports Car Club of America (SCCA). The SCCA is an organization comprised of approximately 50,000 members whose interests lie in automotive competitions and their various satellite activities. Active members enjoy the many different facets offered by the club; road races, SOLO, rally, officiating, crewing and especially the camaraderie of their fellow enthusiasts.
The Blue Ridge Region (Number 103), is in the SOUTHEAST DIVISION (SeDiv), located in the central to southwest portion of Virginia with our boundaries extending into southeast West Virginia. Our area surrounds Virginia’s Blue Ridge Mountains which provides beauty and splendor as the backdrop for our regional activities. Many tracks(Charlotte, Kershaw, Memphis, Mid-Ohio, Pocono, Rd. Atlanta, Savannah, Summit Point, and Virginia International Raceway), are accessible from the heart of the region within a two to eight hour drive. Blue Ridge Region members have successfully competed in all levels of SCCA Club and Pro Racing.
Our primary regional functions are SOLO, Rally and socials with many members involved in Club Racing and officiating at tracks nearby. We are a small region made of the families of rural Virginia, a great place to live, work and play.